How Diverse Is Your Volunteer Workforce?
HOW DIVERSE IS YOUR VOLUNTEER WORKFORCE? EXAMINING POLICIES AND MARKETING PRACTICES
AFTER THIS WEBINAR, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define “diverse volunteer workforce” as it applies to your organization and community
- Explain one method used to determine the level of workforce diversity and assess specific needs
- List three obstacles that interfere with creating and maintaining a diverse volunteer workforce
- Describe three methods for addressing obstacles and improving diversity
- Discuss how staff and volunteers are currently assisting with marketing efforts and recruiting new volunteers in all areas
The goal is to have a volunteer workforce as diverse as our patient and family populations. So often though, self-imposed limitations and how we think about volunteers constrain our marketing and recruitment efforts. Likewise, there are frequently stipulations within our policies and procedures that discourage volunteers from diverse populations, cultures, and backgrounds. This webinar will look at ways volunteers are being unintentionally and unnecessarily excluded from the workforce. It will examine ways to be more inclusive to better serve the ill, and support circle members, volunteers, and local communities. We will look at one method in particular to help determine what our current and ideal volunteer composition and numbers should be. Practices that help guide staff and volunteers to skillfully assist with outreach will be covered, as well as more inclusive and specialized methods to tailor processes and trainings.
Register at How Diverse Is Your Volunteer Workforce? Examining Policies & Marketing Practices | HHWN (eewebinarnetwork.com)